Granco Clark is searching for a hands-on experienced Welder Fabricator for its Belding facility to weld and fabricate parts in accordance with specifications and per company standards by performing the following duties.
Shift: Days – Full Time
Supervisor Responsibilities: None
- Must have 3-5 years of prior hands-on experience in welding and fabricating parts for automated equipment.
- Must be able to interpret blueprints, specifications, diagrams or schematics to determine appropriate welding process.
- Must be able to understand and use all related hand and power tools along with conventional milling & lathe machines.
- Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics is preferred.
- Ability to read schematics a big plus.
- Experience with MIG, TIG, Stick welding and torch cutting is a must.
- Will assemble machines, equipment, and their subassemblies, in accordance with engineering prints and/or other written and verbal specifications.
- Drills, taps, or reams holes, using drill press.
- Must be capable of bending, stooping, crawling as well as lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Must be willing to work overtime.
- Maintain a safe and effective working environment.
- Work both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma, G.E.D., Certificate; with trade school experience preferred.
Must have 3-5 years of prior hands-on experience in welding and fabricating parts for automated equipment.
Ability to use variety of tools and equipment; basic math skills and mechanical aptitude; ability to read blueprints and recognize welding symbols and specifications; knowledge of industry safety practices; knowledge of specific welding processes, such as TIG, MIG and ARC; ability to use heavy machinery, such as forklifts and cranes.
Must be able to work in tight spaces and elevated positions; twisting, turning, bending, crawling, and holding arms at/above the head are all common movements; able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Please note that we are a Drug-Free Workplace and you will be required to pass a background check. Any offer of employment is strictly contingent on the candidate's ability to take and pass the required drug test within 24 hours of the first offer of employment and to pass a background check. Failure to take the required drug test within 24 hours or failure to pass the required drug test or background check will immediately void any offer of employment made by Granco Clark.
Send resume plus salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org, or to:
Granco Clark, Inc.
7298 N. Storey Rd
Belding, MI 48809
Have a question about the position? Fill out the form on the bottom of the Careers page and ask us.